Central Private seeks to provide the opportunity for students to grow and develop their capabilities to the highest degree. Our comprehensive college-preparatory program is designed for students to develop skills and attributes that will well equip them not only for college, but also for a successful life, based on Christian principles. Students receive a balanced program providing them with strong spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional and social development. Central maintains a Christian faculty, staff, and administration dedicated to developing the individual potential of all students in keeping with the philosophy of the school.
CP's tradition of excellence is supported by a full college-preparatory curriculum; a low pupil/teacher ratio; separate gymnasiums, libraries, and computer labs for the elementary and middle/high schools; athletic programs for both boys and girls; and an after-school care program.
Our School at a Glance
- Our average class sizes are small – 16-to-1 teacher/pupil ratio.
- Our average standardized test scores are in the high/above average range. Our K-8 students score 1 to 3 grades levels above national levels.
- All curriculums are state approved. The A-Beka curriculum is used in elementary grade levels.
- Our tuition is not only moderate, but an excellent value for the quality education offered.
- Most of our high school academic core subjects include honors classes, advanced placement classes, and/or dual enrollment classes.
- Our high school students place 1st and 2nd at literary rally each year in academic subjects.
- CP qualifies for the TOPS Scholarship Award Program.
- Our ACT scores are above the national average.
- 99% of our graduating seniors are accepted and enroll into colleges/universities.
- Over $250,000 in scholarships were awarded to our graduates last year.
- 76% of our current 2017 graduating class are on the A/B honor roll, with a 3.00 or higher GPA (which qualifies them for admission to LSU).
- 33% of the 2017 graduating class qualify as honors graduates with a 3.50 or higher GPA.
- Former CP graduates include a National Merit Scholar and a West Point appointee to the US Military.
- Students may participate in extracurricular clubs and organizations such as National Honor Society, Beta Club, Jr. Beta Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Fellowship of Christian Students, Library Club, and 4H.
- CP offers the following Junior High and Varsity sports: football, softball, basketball, baseball, soccer, basketball, track and field, tennis, and fishing.
Central Private School, Inc., admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.