Students at Central Private have the option to receive financial aid through a third-party organization called ACE Scholarships. Central Private does not have any affiliation with ACE scholarships. Applications and approvals are made through ACE, and then ACE works with Central Private to coordinate tuition payments.
The Louisiana Tuition Donation Credit Program (TDC) allows Louisiana children to receive scholarships to qualified K-12 private schools, allowing parents to choose the school that will best prepare their children for college, careers, and for life. ACE Scholarships Louisiana’s K-12 scholarship program offers scholarships to qualified children on a first-come, first served basis for as long as funds are available. Scholarships are needs-based and provide a portion of a private school’s tuition to families who meet the eligibility requirements as set forth by the Louisiana Department of Education.
The scholarship amounts can change each year, but for the 2019-20 school year, eligible students will receive a scholarship for $4,200 per year for grades K-8, or the full amount of tuition and fees, if tuition and fees are less than the maximum scholarship amount for the upcoming school year, and $4,500 per year for grades 9-12, or the full amount of tuition and fees, if tuition and fees are less than the maximum scholarship amount for the upcoming school year.
Eligibility requirements for an ACE scholarship are as followed:
- Your child must be a resident of Louisiana.
- Prior School Enrollment. One of the following statements must be true:
- Your child attended a Louisiana public school in the previous year.
- Your child participated in the Louisiana Scholarship Program / Student Scholarships for Educational Excellence Program (LSP) during the previous school year.
- Your child participated in the Tuition Donation Credit Program during the previous school year.
- Your child will be attending kindergarten for the first time.
- Your family income is less than the amount listed in the chart.
- The family contributes financially towards tuition (even if it is minimal).
- The family provides eligibility documentation, including residency verification, academic records and yearly financial statements, specifically the family's 1040 tax forms when applying or reapplying for the scholarship, to ensure qualifications by established deadlines.
- The family agrees to release any academic information or records (including, but not limited to, midterm reports, final grades, class schedules, transcripts, test scores, and financial information) from the school they are attending.
- Each year, the family writes thank you letters to ACE donors. Instructions for these letters will be provided by ACE.