Teachers are asked to nominate ten (10) seniors using the criteria below. Those ten seniors are further evaluated and the six (6) with the highest scores are named as the Who’s Who Award recipients.
- Academic: The student is not necessarily the top student, but he/she achieves to the highest of his/her ability
- Extra-Curricular Involvement: The student is involved in extra-curricular activities. The student takes an active role in the group and is not “just a member” for the sake of membership.
- Citizenship: The student is generally polite and helpful to peers and elders. The student takes an active part in bettering the school and the student body.
- Leadership: The student sets an example for other students to follow. He/she does not have to be a club or class officer. The student may lead by example in-class participation, behavior, etc.
- Integrity: The student is honest and trustworthy. He/she believes in representing Central Private School positively on and off-campus.
The Legacy Award is awarded to any student who was enrolled at CPS from either pre-school, kindergarten or first grade and has been continuously enrolled through graduation.
Billy Williams Alumni Scholarship
The Billy Williams Alumni Scholarship is presented by Central Private School in honor of Mr. Billy Williams, former principal of CPS, to any graduating senior who is selected based on the following criteria:
- The recipient is the child of at least one parent/legal guardian who graduated from Central Private school
- The recipient has represented Central Private School positively on and off campus during his/her school career
The Founders’ Scholarship is presented by the CPS Board of Directors. The following criteria are established for selecting the recipient of the scholarship:
The recipient must—
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.0
- Participate in at least two (2) extra-curricular activities
- Display exemplary attitude, behavior, citizenship, and responsibility
- Attend school regularly and on time
- Score a minimum of 20 on the ACT
- Have attended CPS for a minimum of two (2) years
Brice Harris Memorial Endowment Scholarship
Given in memory of Brice Harris, CPS Senior 2013, the Brice Harris Memorial Endowment Scholarship is presented by the Harris family to a student of Central Private School who can use the funds towards their college education.
Each year, the Harris family will decide upon the recipient(s). The following requirements must be met by the student:
- Will be enrolled in a 2-year or 4-year college or university for the fall semester following graduation from CPS
- Has maintained a 2.0 cumulative high school GPA
- Participates in at least one (1) athletic team or sport sponsored by CPS (cheer, dance, football, baseball, basketball, softball, soccer golf, etc.)
- Submits an essay, 1-2 pages in length, describing why he or she should receive the Brice Harris Endowment Scholarship and how he or she will use the scholarship to make a difference. An explanation of what his/her goals are beyond CPS is also needed.
Brice Harris was a caring, kind-hearted soul who always made you smile. The scholarship will be given to a student who the Harris family feels possesses similar qualities.